Facebook has finally brought a big update for their iOS app. Facebook for iPhone version 3.5 brings new features we’ve been waiting for months now. The most important one is; sharing external links, yes you can finally do it. Facebook for iPhone 3.5 is still buggy with my iPhone and don’t know why.
Facebook for iPhone version 3.5 adds the ability to tag friends in posts and places too. Facebook for iPhone 3.5 comes with number of improvements and bug fixes that will help you a lot.
Facebook for iPhone 3.5 changelog:
What’s New in Version 3.5
Made it easier to share with who you want
- Added the ability to tag friends and places in posts
- Added the ability to share external links from a web view
- Added new design for Profile and Group Walls
- Improved the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site
Improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved Notifications speed
- Fixed a number of Chat bugs
- Made it easier to select filters in News Feed
- Fixed a bug with the Notifications bar disappearing
- Fixed a number of Photos bugs
- Improved performance and stability overall
We’ve tried the app and it’s not working as perfect as we thought. It sometimes crashes so we hope it gets its first minor update.
You can update your Facebook for iPhone app to version 3.5 directly from your iPhone or iPod touch. For new users, you can get it from this iTunes link.
Facebook hasn’t added iPad support yet but it’s expected that Facebook for iPad will be launched on September 22.
UPDATE: iPad 1 and iPad 2 users using Facebook for iPhone app hack to officially install it must keep away from this update. iPhone developer Chpwn warns:
If you found this post useful, hopefully hit the +1 (recommend) button ⇉
Facebook removed iPad support in their latest app update. It’s not possible for FaceForward to enable something that’s no longer in the app.
You can follow Ahmed Omar on Twitter, join our Facebook fanpage and add me on Google+ to keep yourself updated on the latest jailbreak and unlock news.