Notcom, the developer behind TinyUmbrella, today released a new tool called TinyCFW. What TinyCFW is that it prevents any errors and looping when downgrading iPad 2 GSM / CDMA or iPhone 4 GSM / CDMA from iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0 to iOS 4.3.3 to get their jailbreak.
The reason why many of you might want to downgrade their iPad 2 from iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 4.3.3 is that because there’s no any jailbreak available for iPad 2 except Comex’s JailbreakMe 3.0 which only works on iOS 4.3.3. So if you’re one of those who accidently updated to iOS 5.x, having iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs and want to downgrade back, TinyCFW makes this process easier by creating a custom firmware that will be able to be recognized by TinyUmbrella so that the device can be downgraded.
iPhone 4 reasons might want to downgrade back to iOS 4.3.3 so that they get untethered jailbreak which is only available on that version. However, pod2g is currently in the final steps to release an untethered jailbreak for all A4 devices so it’s better to wait.
What TinyCFW is:
- It will modify an existing ipsw for an ipad2 gsm/cdma or iphone4 gsm/cdma
- It WILL modify the ipsw TO UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND TO THE LATEST!
- It will create an ipsw that you can use with TinyUmbrella AND iTunes to restore to a version of iOS that you have SHSHs for.
- It is primarily for iPad2 with a baseband OR iPhone 4.
What TinyCFW is NOT:
- A jailbreak
- An unlock
- A tool to protect your baseband.
- A tool that will restore your device to any firmware
- A tool for use with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad, or iPhone 4S
Steps To Downgrade iPad 2 / iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 To iOS 4.3.3
STEP 1: Download the required files below:
- Download iOS 4.3.3 for iPad 2 or iPhone 4 from here.
- Download TinyUmbrella (Windows / Mac)
- Download TinyCFW (Windows - Jar)
- Download iTunes from here.
STEP 2: Now start TinyCFW (note: you must have java installed and at least 2.5 GB of RAM). Once it opens, hit the top button and choose iOS 4.3.3 IPSW.
STEP 3: Now click on the second button so that TinyCFW will tell you the firmware and baseband versions.
STEP 4: Click on ‘Save Target IPSW’ then wait two minutes and you’ll get a file named:
<your original ipsw name>.bbupdate.ipsw
STEP 5: Now open Tinyumbrella and make iTunes look at Cydia’s Server from the “Advanced” options.
STEP 6: Plug your iPad 2, switch it off, and put it in DFU mode.
STEP 7: Finally open iTunes and select the custom firmware you created above to restore your iPad 2.
Once restored, you’llget your iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3. You can then head to JailbreakMe.com and start jailbreaking your deviceIf you found this post useful, hopefully hit the +1 (recommend) button ⇉
You can follow Ahmed Omar on Twitter, join our Facebook fanpage and add me on Google+ to keep yourself updated on the latest jailbreak and unlock news.