A new way discovered by a developer allows you to unlock any iPhone 4S AT&T carrier. This method can be done without any software or hardware change. You’ll just do a simple trick that will allow you to use your locked iPhone 4S on any carrier.
According to 9to5mac:
The unlock will assist you in using your iPhone 4S on T-Mobile’s network as long as you have a T-Mobile SIM card. Before you get started, go ahead and cut down your T-Mobile SIM card to match your AT&T SIM card’s size.
Here’s the steps:
- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Take out AT&T SIM card
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card
- Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert SIM card
Videos showing the method in action:
UPDATE: The method has been reported to be working on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS too. It should work on iOS 5 only, iOS 5.0.1 is not supported.If you found this post useful, hopefully hit the +1 (recommend) button ⇉
You can follow Ahmed Omar on Twitter, join our Facebook fanpage and add me on Google+ to keep yourself updated on the latest jailbreak and unlock news.